25TH ACM SIGKDD CONFERENCE 2019
August 4 - August 8
SIGKDD is the Association for Computing Machinery’s (ACM) Special Interest Group (SIG) on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining. It became an official ACM SIG in 1998.
The 8th International Workshop on Parallel and Distributed Computing for Large-Scale Machine Learning and Big Data Analytics (ParLearning 2019).
The annual KDD conference is the premier interdisciplinary conference bringing together researchers and practitioners from data science, data mining, knowledge discovery, large-scale data analytics, and big data.
Call for Papers
Scaling up machine-learning (ML), data mining (DM) and reasoning algorithms from Artificial Intelligence (AI) for massive datasets is a major technical challenge in the time of “Big Data”. The past ten years have seen the rise of multi-core and GPU based computing. In parallel and distributed computing, several frameworks such as OpenMP, OpenCL, and Spark continue to facilitate scaling up ML/DM/AI algorithms using higher levels of abstraction. We invite novel works that advance the trio-fields of ML/DM/AI through development of scalable algorithms or computing frameworks. Ideal submissions should describe methods for scaling up X using Y on Z, where potential choices for X, Y and Z are provided below.
- Recommender systems
- Optimization algorithms (gradient descent, Newton methods)
- Deep learning
- Distributed algorithms and AI for Blockchain
- Sampling/sketching techniques
- Clustering (agglomerative techniques, graph clustering, clustering heterogeneous data)
- Probabilistic inference (Bayesian networks)
- Graph algorithms, graph mining and knowledge graphs
- Graph neural networks
- Autoencoders and variational autoencoders
- Generative adversarial networks
- Generative models
- Deep reinforcement learning
- Parallel architectures/frameworks (OpenMP, CUDA etc.)
- Distributed systems/frameworks (MPI, Spark, etc.)
- Machine learning frameworks (TensorFlow, PyTorch etc.)
- Various infrastructures, such as cloud, commodity clusters, GPUs, and emerging AI chips.
Best Paper Award: The program committee will nominate a paper for the Best Paper award. In past years, the Best Paper award included a cash prize. Stay tuned for this year!
Travel Awards: Students with accepted papers will get a chance to apply for a travel award. Please find details on the ACM KDD 2019 website.
- Paper submission: May 12, 2019 (Anywhere on Earth)
- Author notification: June 1, 2019
- Camera-ready version: Jun 8, 2019
All submissions are limited to a total of 6 pages, including all content and references, and must be in PDF format and formatted according to the new Standard ACM Conference Proceedings Template. Additional information about formatting and style files is available online as the ACM Master Article Template. Papers that do not meet the formatting requirements will be rejected without review.
All submissions must be uploaded electronically at EasyChair.
We are planning to publish a special issue of a journal, consisting of the best papers of ParLearning 2019. We are about to publish a special issue of the Springer journal Future Generation Computer Systems, containing the selected papers of ParLearning 2017.
- Professor V.S. Subrahmanian (Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH, USA).
- Dr. Lifeng Nai (Google, Mountain View, CA, USA).
- General Chairs: Arindam Pal (TCS Research and Innovation, Kolkata, India) and Henri Bal (Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam, Netherlands).
- Program Chairs: Azalia Mirhoseini (Google AI, Mountain View, CA, USA) and Thomas Parnell (IBM Research, Zurich, Switzerland).
- Publicity Chair: Anand Panangadan (California State University, Fullerton, CA, USA).
- Steering Committee Chairs: Sutanay Choudhury (Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, WA, USA) and Yinglong Xia (Futurewei Technologies, Santa Clara, CA, USA).
The first 7 editions of ParLearning were organized in conjunction with the International Parallel and Distributed Processing Symposium (IPDPS). The details of the past workshops can be found on the old website of ParLearning. From 2019, the organizers have decided to conduct it with KDD.
- ParLearning 2018
- ParLearning 2017
- ParLearning 2016
- ParLearning 2015
- ParLearning 2014
- ParLearning 2013
- ParLearning 2012
Where? KDD 2019 will be held at two downtown Anchorage convention centers:
555 W. Fifth Avenue Anchorage, AK 99501.
600 W. Seventh Avenue Anchorage, AK 99501.
REG>> 25TH ACM SIGKDD CONFERENCE 2019 – REGISTRATION
SIGKDD’s facebook page
SIGKDD’s facebook event
Dena’ina Center’s facebook event
Egan Center’s facebook event